There is an ongoing trend on embedding computing and communication capabilities into everyday objects, turning them into smart objects. Examples range from smart (tangible) objects over smart cars to even large-scale urban infrastructures. Other recent examples deal with the fabrication of smart objects, smart sensory augmentation and smart spaces.
The smart objects workshop will focus on how the intelligence situated in these smart objects can be used to provide more efficient and enjoyable interaction possibilities for the users. The underlying research fields pose unique challenges and opportunities for designing the interaction with such devices.
We seek high quality contributions that explore the combination of intelligent interaction with the specific characteristics of smart objects. Topics include but are not limited to:
- novel interaction concepts for smart objects
- self-explanatory smart objects
- fabrication of smart objects
- smart sensory augmentation and smart spaces
- multimodal interaction
- embodied and tangible interaction
- accessibility through smart objects
- intelligibility of smart objects
- user studies and evaluation techniques
- technology and models required for enabling the interaction with smart objects
- situation models and reasoning
Join our facebook group to get the latest updates
We invite submissions in three different formats:
- Position papers and posters (4 pages) describe a motivated opinion or viewpoint on interaction with smart objects, identifies an open issue or important problem, or presents work in progress.
- Demo papers (4 pages) describe a system setup that demonstrates novel ways to interact with smart objects.
- Full papers (8 pages) describe substantial contributions of novel ongoing work.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 peers. Besides based on general contributions, submissions will also be selected on their potential to initiate discussion. Accepted submissions will be made available as online proceedings on the workshop site. Moreover, they will be made available in dedicated proceedings to ensure that they can be cited. Copyright is retained by the authors thus papers can be submitted for other venues that allow this.
|Paper Submission:||Dec 16, 2016|
|Author Notification:||Jan 23, 2017|
|Camera-ready Version:||Mar 3, 2017|
|Workshop:||Mar 13, 2017|