Call for Papers
The deadline for submitting an abstract to the 3rd IUI workshop on Interacting with Smart Objects has been extended to Dec. 16, 2013.
We do not intend to make a final decisions on the basis of the abstracts alone. We are asking for abstracts earlier than we are asking for papers, (a) because we would like to give early feedback to those who are interested in contributing and (b) because we would like to begin thinking as soon as possible about the various ways in which the ideas expressed among the abstracts might be grouped in the best way.
The aim of this workshop is to facilitate discussion on the design of interaction with smart objects. The workshop has interdisciplinary appeal and welcomes researchers, practitioners and experts from the various fields from human-computer interaction as well as related areas like psychology and product design.
We seek high quality contributions that explore the combination of intelligent interaction with the specific characteristics of smart objects. Topics include but are not limited to:
- novel interaction concepts for smart objects
- self-explanatory smart objects
- multimodal interaction
- embodied and tangible interaction
- intelligibility of smart objects
- user studies and evaluation techniques
- technology and models required for enabling the interaction with smart objects
- situation models and reasoning
Join our facebook group to get the latest updates
We invite submissions in three different formats:
- Position papers and posters (4 pages) describe a motivated opinion or viewpoint on interaction with smart objects, identifies an open issue or important problem, or presents work in progress.
- Demo papers (4 pages) describe a system setup that demonstrates novel ways to interact with smart objects.
- Full papers (8 pages) describe substantial contributions of novel ongoing work.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Besides based on general contributions, submissions will also be selected on their potential to initiate discussion. Accepted submissions will be made available as online proceedings on the IUI site. Moreover, they will be made available on our publication server to ensure that they can be cited. Copyright is retained by the authors thus papers can be submitted for other venues that allow this.
|Abstract submission:||Dec 16, 2013 Extended deadline|
|Paper Submission:||Dec 19, 2014|
|Author Notification:||Jan 09, 2014|
|Camera-ready Version:||Feb 17, 2014|
|Workshop:||Feb 24, 2014|